Also Available as SDI Inputs
Roland's V-1HD 4 x HDMI Input Switcher is a portable solution for HD video production that
accommodates up to four HD inputs. The inputs each have a frame buffer/TBC so that you don't need to
Genlock your input sources together. You can control the switcher manually by using the built-in controls
or connect it to a computer or iPad running optional software for electronic control. Select your working
resolution and switch between your four input sources. Built into the switcher is a 12-channel audio mixer,
which can de-embed and embed audio signals from HDMI.
The integrated T-fader allows you to manually control the speed of transitions, or you can use the take
button to actuate your selected transition. The unit features a program and multi-view preview output as
well as an analog audio input and output. Though small in size, it allows you to perform
picture-in-picture, green-screen, and other keying effects, and a transform control enables advanced video
effects on your footage.
- Audio Mixer
- The built-in, 12-channel audio mixer allows you to de-embed audio from the HDMI stream, mix,
and re-embed the audio into your output stream. The audio mixer is accessed by a connected PC running the
- Output Modes
- The V-1HD features two HDMI outputs, one output always shows your switched program output. The
other output (preview) can be switched between program output and multiview of your four sources.
- Control buttons
- The soft rubber back-lit buttons allow you to easily see the condition of your switcher, even
in dim lighting conditions.
Red: Indicates the current source being output.
Green: Indicates video source that will be output on next transition.
- There are three buttons for applying transition effects, CUT, Mix (4-types), and Wipe
- Beats Per Minute Sync
- By using the T-Fader bar and the BP< Sync button, you can deliver visuals synced to a music
- The Memory button allows your to save or recall up to 8 presets, and the Freeze button can
temporarily pause the incoming video.
- Transformer Buttons
- These buttons can be used to switch your video instantly or for applying effects.
- The T-bar lets you control the speed of your selected transitions.
- The keying functionality permits picture-in-picture as well as green-screen keying and graphics
- Output Fade
- You can select to fade your output video to either black or white.
- Picture-in-Picture and Split Screen functions
- Supports chroma and luminance key
- Two separate bus effects knobs allow you to apply affects independently to each bus
- 9 types of filter effects are available, including silhouette, colorpass, negative, and
- Audio Effects
- The switcher can be controlled manually or by connecting to a PC or iPad, optional software
required. You can use the software control to switch both video and mix audio on the unit, optional iPad
connection cable required for connecting to an iPad. You can also control the unit from a music instrument or a
sequencer via the MIDI input connector.
- HDCP compliance can be enabled within the menu.
VR-4HD HD AV Mixer
Combine switching, audio mixing, and USB streaming into a single device, and you get the Roland
VR-4HD HD AV Mixer. Four channels of HD video and 8 channels of audio can be mixed down with preview
and program (main) video outputs with minimal fuss. Advanced digital processing removes many of the hurdles
of a professional A/V setup, and consumer-friendly HDMI, VGA, composite, XLR/TRS, and RCA inputs support
readily available video and audio equipment. The USB output lets you take advantage of HD video streaming
over the web using popular streaming platforms or advanced multi-source videoconferencing and offers the
ability to record straight to your hard drive for distribution.
The interface on the VR-4HD features both tactile controls and a touchscreen for an intuitive and
comprehensive control surface where all necessary controls are at the operator's fingertips. Physical
faders offer precise audio adjustment, while the built-in multi-view LCD features a touch interface for
accessing set-up parameters and adjusting picture-in-picture settings with simple swiping gestures.
Between the intuitive interface, diverse input options, and USB connectivity, the VR-4HD is a versatile
tool suitable for a number of applications, such as A/V equipment acquisition for schools, houses of
worship, corporate training sessions, live events, and more.
"I always go out to bid for equipment quotes and I always
come back to Access AV for the purchase. Lowest price and immediate service if needed
"Competitive pricing, attention to detail, unmatched customer service before and
afterthe sale. Access AV and the team are what every company looks for in a
NE School of Communications
"We use Access A/V
whenever we can to meet
our equipment needs. The
staff is friendly, knowledge
able and always available.
They are familiar with our
facility which translates
into accurate, reliable
answers when we need
them. They are a welcome
supporter of CTAM and they
merit our best