Hand Held Microphones
The Shure VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for
professional audio and video production. They combine exceptional performance and comfortable feel with a handsome
The VP64A and VP64AL are identical except for handle length. The 7 7/8" (200 mm) long VP64A is ideal for
close-up use and can be used outside as well as indoors. The VP64AL is well-suited to location interviews,
sports broadcasting, and other situations where the 9 5/8" (244 mm) length is an advantage.
The omnidirectional pickup pattern provides uniform pickup on or off axis, eliminating the need for critical
microphone positioning. The VP64A series also features a tailored frequency response with an upper midrange
presence rise that adds crispness and clarity to speech. The cartridge utilizes a neodymium magnet for higher
output and increased signal-to-noise ratio.
The cartridge is housed in a rubber isolation mount for ruggedness and to minimize handling noise. It is protected
by a water-resistant mesh that enables the microphone to be used during the most challenging weather conditions.
For added wind and "pop" protection, use the supplied windscreen.
- • Frequency response tailored for optimum speech clarity and crispness
- • Omnidirectional polar pattern eliminates need for critical microphone positioning
- • Rubber isolation mount for low handling noise
- • Water-resistant mesh repels water under challenging weather conditions
- • Supplied windscreen provides extra protection to further reduce pop and wind pickup
- • Comfortable feel
- • Handsome appearance; ideal for on-camera applications
The Shure SM58 is the world's most widely used dynamic-cardioid microphone. Its legendary reliability,
dependability, and near indestructibility, have made it the preferred choice of both musicians and engineers for a
multitude of "live" and studio vocal applications.
Back to top